Sunday, June 22, 2008

Hair and Hard Water

About a month ago I noticed my hair was feeling
brittle and unclean. I also noticed a sulphur
smell to our water. This has happened before -
happens on and off at this house. Apparently
Moscow has hard water and it was taking a toll
on my hair.

When I was in my twenties I lived in Forbestown
CA for awhile in a house with no electricity and
no running water. I had to tote water up from
the creek below our house and I remembered that
when I washed my hair with this water, my hair was
softer than it had ever been.

So I am now washing my hair in spring water or
distilled water - whatever is cheapest or on sale.
actually - I still wash it in hard water but then
do the final rinse in the spring water. It has
helped enormously. I have to wash my hair in the
sink instead of in the shower, but it is worth it
to have soft hair again.

No comments: