Sunday, June 8, 2008

Frugality Lessons

I recently found out that I will be losing my job
in about 11 months. My office is relocating and
I, like quite a few of my coworkers are unable to
move. For me, the move will take place just as
my daughter is about to begin her senior year of
high school. Having moved her here in the
middle of seventh grade to take this job - I don’t
feel I can put her through that again - not before
her last year of high school.

So I am trying to prepare by cutting costs, saving
money, economizing, whatever I can do. I’v found
a couple of good websites so far. They are:

Being Frugal
Be Thrifty Like Us
Frugal Dad
No Credit Needed
Mrs. Micah - Finance for a Freelance Life

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear you'll be losing your job. I pray that you'll be able to find another one before the old one ends.

Thanks for the link!

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for mentioning my site! I'm sorry to hear of the impending job loss, and I hope it is just a door to something bigger and better opening for you. Take care of each other!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the mention, though I'm sorry for the circumstances. I hope that 11 months will give you time to find something else.